List:       kde-usability
Subject:    PIC of Kstart instead , was Re: Usability tests should not focus on icons
From:       Sheldon Lee Wen <tormak () home ! com>
Date:       2001-07-26 16:50:12

Hi,

On July 26, 2001 12:34 pm, Steve Hunt wrote:
> The rocketship certainly isn't the only option, but I think it is a good
> choice.  The gear is a little vague.  On Windows, the button says start,
> and even though it strangely has the Shut Down button in there, I find
> it obvious what its purpose is.

In that vein, I have done the unthinkable and put the work start next to
the K, I have a picture I'm attaching. It was done in gimp and is just some
pixel editing of a snapshot of my kicker.

Any ideas? I know this is going to absolutly horrify some people but it's
just an idea ;) and usability isn't a respecter of bigotry in my books.

Sheldon
"... all thoughts of selfish desire, ill-will, hatred and
 violence are the result of a lack of wisdom ... "
 - Buddha

For an awsome fantasy role playing game checkout:
http://lycadican.sourceforge.net