List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: feedback from the gnome usability study.
From:       Bart Szyszka <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-07-26 1:29:32

>3) The browser icon and the K on the root menu don't convey their meanings as
>obviously as they should.
I think we should do a study before trying to change Konqueror's icon. A lot
of the confusion with GNOME's icon involved it launching say Netscape with
an icon that didn't look like a Netscape icon so no one would have guessed that
that specific icon would launch Netscape. And the fact that it had a paper over
it also confused some people.

>4) We have the same problem with the KDE Home directory icon as the gnomes do
>w/ the nautilus home icon.
But they're two very different icons. Nautilus is just a house with "SOME-NAME's Home" as
its title, which sounds a lot like people's websites named in exactly the same way.
The Home in KDE says just 'Home' and it's not just an icon of a house. It's a large
folder with a house beside it, implying something having to do with files/folders. Perhaps
"Home Directory" might be more specific, though.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee  ...is here to save the Web!