List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Getting the ball rolling
From:       Greg Turpin <gregturp () home ! com>
Date:       2001-07-23 13:28:58

On Monday 23 July 2001  5:28 am, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hello all,

> What I need to know is who can help and what they do? IF anyone can help
> witht he following it would be great:
>
>  - Web programming
>  - Usability research
>  - Writing
>  - Developing questionnaires / research suites

I'd be willing to help out with the research.

I actually have some experience with usability tests.  We have a great
(and expensive) usability lab at work.  I just finished helping to
administer a week long test for our product.

Usability tests are worth every penny you spend on them.  You
get a perspective on the interface that not even a
usability engineer can give you.
GUI's are all about the user - What do they think?  What
makes them click? (pun intended)

I'd like to recommend a book to all of you on the usability list -
"The Humane Interface" by Jef Raskin.  I just started reading
after I read the GNOME usability report.

Greg