List:       kde-usability
Subject:    [Kde-usability] Data gathering sytems
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-03-23 17:41:36

Hello all,

Now we are starting to get our wheels in motion, I thought I would post
a summary of what we have agreed upon, and also some other areas of
thought.

First of all the study will have the following research areas:

  - General KDE use - a test in which users use KDE and are tested
  - Icons - a list of icons and users enter what they think it means

Last night I was discussing in #kde-usability about how we will gather
the data and how we can query the data for patterns. It seems that the
best method of us gathering data is to gather personal data such as:

  Age
  Sex
  Country
  Profession

etc, and from this data we can build profiles searches. The main thing
is that we keep the data as accessable.

I was discussing this with stillborne. Do you have any initial ideas
for database design stillborne?

	Jono

Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz] -- jono@kde.org
KDE/Qt Developer