List:       kde-usability
Subject:    [KDE Usability] Plasma shell -> Mediacenter
From:       Shantanu Tushar Jha <shantanu () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-07-12 17:46:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi folks,

The frameworks branch of PMC now contains a Plasma Shell which basically
loads the required QML components and looks/works exactly the same[1]. So
technically we are good to go if a user wants her desktop to be a media
center.

However, it'll be nice if we can discuss on how the actual workflow could
be for a user. Here are some things I can imagine-

* User can have a mediacenter activity which she can switch to for getting
the multimedia experience.

* Or, maybe she can configure the mediacenter shell to activate whenever an
external TV screen is connected (through HDMI or something).

* The device is a dedicated mediacenter device - the user tells Plasma to
always load mediacenter instead of deskop

Any other ideas? Thoughts?

[1] http://i.imgur.com/J16niw7.jpg

Cheers!

--