List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] KMix UI orientation
From:       Lukas <1lukas1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-28 16:07:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Who said KMix should control only the audio levels?

Lest start with an image -
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/kmixpopup.png/

One of the things I'm dreaming about for a long time - a clean and powerful
system tray & panel. Most of the apps has their own applet, despite from
the end user perspective they do the same job. In this case - KMix and
Amarok/VLC/inser_your_favorite_player controls what comes out of the
speakers.

KDE has powerful, but quite underused Data Engine ecosystem, so it is
possible to embed an applet into KMix pop up, that could control any media
player around, as long as there would be a Data Engine to download from
GHNS servers. At the same time staying small enough to be considered as a
popup.

In my mockup hitting search icon triggers search/filter functionality, thus
user could adjust playlist on a go. All the result data comes from active
Data Engine, thus keeping KMix base as nice and clean as possible.

Mockup is just a mix of white space, opacity and typography.
I hope you like it :)

Cheers,
Lukas

[0] http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/kmixpopup.png/