List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Misuse of toggle buttons, continued
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-08-18 22:05:15

2010/8/17 Aurélien Gâteau <agateau@kde.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I am finally back to this obsession of mine, toggle buttons. I wrote a
> wiki page for it and would like to get it in the HIG if we all agree.
> You can find it here:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/User:Agateau/Toggle_Button
>
> Technical note: I noticed while going through the code of KDE
> applications that unfortunately the KToggleAction class provided by
> kdelibs makes it quite easy to misuse toggle buttons. I thus started to
> write an alternative class which I will propose for inclusion in kdelibs
> to deprecate KToggleAction, assuming we agree on this addition to the HIG.
>
> Aurélien

On my first read of the wiki page, I don't see anything wrong with
what you're proposing be added to the HIG. I'll read through it again
soon and provide more concrete feedback, if I have any.

I see that you want to write a new class with toggle button
functionality. Could you explain more why you think we need that new
class?

Thanks
--
Matt