List:       kde-usability
Subject:    [KDE Usability] System Settings Card Sorting Study
From:       Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-29 13:11:37

Hello everyone,

We have been offered a free account for WebSort, a very nice online
card sorting tool. They would also like us to test and write a case
study for the Modified Delphi card sorting functionality they recently
added. For those of you who may not know, the MD card sort was my
thesis research from a few years ago. It has become a much requested
feature in WebSort, but they haven't had the resources to fully test
and promote it.

I think this could be an excellent tool to do a serious study on the
System Settings organization. We've discussed a lot about how we think
it could/should be organized, but this is an opportunity to actually
do user testing to understand how users would organize the options.

The drawback is that the tool is not open source. Honestly, this
doesn't matter to me. WebSort is showing good faith in open source by
providing us with free service.

What do people think?

~ Celeste

--