List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] On the future of the menubar
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-09 7:42:22

On 08/04/2010 23:48, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Because you are poisoning this list.
>>

> I am poisoning this list with usability suggestions and issues that I
> see people run into? I would argue that personal attacks are more
> poisonous. Why don't you just killfile me?

Well, I owe you a longer explanation on this one.

First I'd like to state I don't think you intend any harm, and I am
convinced you genuinely care for KDE. But the way you interact on this
list is starting to get more and more painful to me (and maybe to
others?). You have to understand that usability is highly subjective and
that you can't convince everybody that your viewpoints are the holy true
ones (I certainly have been guilty of that sin as well in the past).

Right now it reached the point where everytime you answer a thread I
know it's dead because it's going to degenerate into an endless
discussion from which nothing good emerges. I could killfile you, but
then the whole list would not make much sense anymore, since more than
one message out of five on the list comes from you (based on my rolling
3 month archive, you sent 72 messages out of 323 on this list)

It also reached the point where I refrain from posting to this list for
fear that nothing constructive is going to get out of it.

You have to realize that when a thread has stopped with no outcome one
month ago, it's over. Trying to revive it is only going to produce more
noise.

As I said, I am sure you want to help KDE, but right now I don't think
that's what you are doing.

Aurélien