List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Users cannot find where to "safely remove" USB
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-06 16:39:13

2010/4/6 Diego Moya <turingt@gmail.com>:
> Low contrast without a label is needed to reduce the visual weight of
> the element, which helps to scan the plasmoid and better find the
> relevant information.
>
> Compare the three versions of the attached mockup when several devices
> are loaded. The first one is easier on the eyes, since only the
> selected device is highlighted. Having the icon always shown assures
> that the user notices the function even without hovering (which
> doesn't happen with the current implementation). Only when trying to
> interact with the device, the self-explaining label is needed.

Looking at the three images, I agree that the left-most image is in
fact the easiest to scan when there are many media. I updated your
idea with the correct non-hover state, image attached. I will ask some
users what they think of that, give me a few days to get back on this.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

["device-manager-eject-2.jpg" (image/jpeg)]