List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] On the future of the menubar
From:       Peter <gostelow () global ! co ! za>
Date:       2010-03-01 16:07:00

On Thursday 25 February 2010 22:53, megabigbug wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am the developper who created the button-menu of rekonq.
> I am sorry for all the noise I generated, but I am sure it was a good
> choice.

I read the rekonq threads on this list, the rekonq home page, and looked at a
few screenshots. Nowhere did I see any reference to menubar choices, can you
please point me to any HIG or standards that identify alternative menubar
interfaces KDE uses?

> I hope the kde community will be able to build automatically a
> toolbar (and particulary a button-menu) from the menu of an application.

Since both the standard and your button are menus (menubar and button-menu),
it is unclear what useability problem rekonq has with the standard menubar
that your buton-menu solves. Can you please identify the issues?

Regards,

Peter