List:       kde-usability
Subject:    [KDE Usability]  On the future of the menubar
From:       megabigbug <megabigbug () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2010-02-25 22:53:38

Hi,

I am the developper who created the button-menu of rekonq.
I am sorry for all the noise I generated, but I am sure it was a good choice.
I hope the kde community will be able to build automatically a toolbar (and
particulary a button-menu) from the menu of an application.

Here is what I done for manually build the button-menu from the menu:
- I removed all contextual actions: the one that are accessible from right
click.
- I moved global setting actions to the setting panel: for instance "Configure
shortcuts".
- I created button-menus for the most used menus of the menubar, for instance
Bookmarks menu.
- I added all the remaining actions to the final button-menu. A separator is
added between each part corresponding to a menus of the menubar. If there are
too many items in a part then they are grouped in a submenu,for instance the
help submenu.

Lionel Chauvin.