List:       kde-usability
Subject:    [KDE Usability] On the future of the menubar
From:       Stefan Majewsky <majewsky () gmx ! net>
Date:       2010-02-20 23:18:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

there is a discussion on k-c-d about making Rekonq the default web browser, in
which it was noted that Rekonq in its current form does not conform the HIG,
mainly because it is completely missing a menubar. [1]

I agree with the Rekonq developers in that I am not comfortable with the
menubar as it currently exists. In contrast to the Rekonq developers, I have a
concept for evolving the menubar into something that can accommodate the needs
of Rekonq and similar applications, and which could IMO also improve the
usability (or better: the "obviousity") of existing interfaces.

I have written a very lengthy blog article [2] to explain my (attention:
buzzword ahead) "SuperMenubar". I would very much appreciate if you could
contribute your thoughts on this concept. Please note that there is no
implementation at the moment.

Greetings
Stefan

[1] http://markmail.org/message/tuxnlj3wkiyar7hy