List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Kmail simple user interface - breadcrumbs
From:       Sylwester Gruszka <gruszex () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-12 21:34:18

Dnia wtorek 12 stycznia 2010 o 21:00:37 Markus napisał(a):
> Well, thanks to Akonadi alternative GUIs are easily possible and your
>  proposal definitely makes sense on small screen devices.

I think you're both right ;-) My intention is not to change Kmail but to
provide an easygoing mail application which integrates well with KDE (contacts
etc.).
As soon as I'll learn something about KDE-specific controls in Qt and something
about Akonadi I'll start to develop such application. If it won't be hopeless
piece of crap maybe someone could join me then ;-)

> On 1280x800 screens a more traditional interface makes more sense IMO.
On 1680x1050 I'm suffering from pixel-hungry and new-windows-producing Kmail
(also pixel-hungry Amarok) ;-)
It's more a matter of individual taste and habits. I like to keep it simple.

--
Regards,
Sylwester Gruszka