List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] 10GUI user interface: some great ideas,
From:       Diego Moya <turingt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-06 11:54:46

For touch typing in a touchscreen, it really shouldn't be necessary a
precise aiming to exact screen points. A gesture could track and
calibrate the precise "home" position of your index fingers, and all
later keypresses would be defined as relative to that home position.

This would eliminate the "my hands are improperly aligned WRT the
keyboard" problem. I would go further and use the initial gesture as
the standard way to open a virtual keyboard, right under your
fingertips anyplace in the touchscreen.