List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Review Request: --hard_coded_colors in kalarm
From:       Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-12 13:17:09

Ah hah. OK. I agree with David about the purple color in the sense
that it isn't a good once. The contrast between the purple and the
gray is very low, and I think that is probably why David doesn't like
the proposed color. If the purple were something more like #800080 (or
something with more red and hue and less blue and white) it will be
better.

2009/8/11 David Jarvie <djarvie@kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 02:04:25 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
>> > Screenshot please? David is concerned that purple and gray might not
>> > be visually distinct enough, and maybe there isn't enough of a
>> > difference in contrast.
>>
>> Okay. I hope you find it here :-). I will update the request tomorrow, I
>> *really* have to go, I am going to be late for an appointment...
>>
>> (This is of course generally a crapshoot, since the relative contrast
>> will differ per color scheme.)
>
> Here is a screenshot of the two colours in the alarm list in KAlarm (the first
> and third entries). There is some difference in colour, but not enough to be
> acceptable.
>
> --
> David Jarvie.
> KDE developer.