List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Review Request: --hard_coded_colors in kalarm
From:       Peter <gostelow () global ! co ! za>
Date:       2009-08-12 10:30:32

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 01:04, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> > Screenshot please? David is concerned that purple and gray might not
> > be visually distinct enough, and maybe there isn't enough of a
> > difference in contrast.

Yes, it is a marginal case. The difference is obvious when the two colours are
compared, but perhaps not when you see only one or the other. Unfortunately,
I suspect the display affects colours as much as personal preference as it
does depend on colour separation and contrast.

I'd accept this only because there is some colour-scheme involved, in the
arbitrary case, I'd prefer a more distinctive colour. However, it appears the
issue is with the scheme, so a review of that may be beneficial.

Regards,

Peter