List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: moving keyboard model configuration UI
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-07-08 13:32:09

On Monday 06 July 2009 00:00:52 Andriy Rysin wrote:

> I am thinking about moving keyboard model configuration from
> Regional & Language/Keyboard Layout to Keyboard & Mouse/Keyboard.

Yes and no.

It should not be moved, simply copied. After all copying entries does
not mean copying binary files.

The configuration of keyboard belongs to both categories, so there
should be no artificial "priority".

> More
> than that many people probably want to configure keyboard model
> even if they don't use multiple layouts (which is currently not
> possible with system settings).

It all depends what they have in mind when entering SS -- I need to
customize system for multilanguage purposes, or I have to configure
input devices.

Cheers,