On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Peter wrote: > If a function is wired to the ui, it is accessible, otherwise it is > inaccessible. The configuration allows the user to wire every function to the > ui, so it provides accessibility. As a minor point, I think you are failing to distinguish configurability from accessibility, where I use the term accessibility in the human-computer-interface context. They are not the same thing. We may simply be talking about different things. > We're discussing adding app default short-cuts (F11) to KDE's default > (ctrl-shift-f). You're arguing the reverse, that the app default (F11) should > be changed to KDE's default (ctrl-shift-f). I'm in the middle, let KDE set > global defaults (ctrl-shift-f), developers set app defaults (F11), and users > do their own thing (ctrl-shift-f and/or F11, or ...). Actually, I would prefer myself that KDE embrace the app default, and then enforce that one. But I have walked in on the tail end of this conversation. . Indeed I do agree that KDE grabbing more and more default shortcut sequences for the same behavior is not ideal. Better to pick one if possible. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability