List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Open recent, I meant "clear the list"?
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-04 19:20:25

> So what you're saying is the spouse can access the recent files while the user
> is surfing the porn sites? By the time the user gets to clear the list, it is
> already too late. I'm prepared to concede anyone can access an account, if
> you concede the clear list won't solve the privacy issue :)

The viewing of the recent files list was to discount this statement:

> In any case, the only time
> a person can see the recent files is when the user opens the menu while the
> person is watching.

I probably should have discounted that statement by mentioning that
both people can use the computer not at the same time. Yosi uses the
computer for two hours, decides that he does not want whoever is using
the computer after him to see his recent files, and erases the list.
Then Erez comes along and has no idea which files Yosi viewed.

That should probably be expanded to include Yosi's browsing history as well.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il