List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: how and where to put backup files
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-06-21 14:08:49

On Sunday 21 June 2009 14:45:17 Dotan Cohen wrote:

> This could become part of a wider KDE backup plan. How about
> ~/.kde/backups/kate and similar? Korganizer could back up ics files
> in ~/.kde/backups/korganizer and so forth.

In case of (3) (one backup directory) I though rather that backup
directory should reflect filesystem. As it is with trash -- you see
there file simply deleted, not deleted by kate, by gwenview, and so
on.

Another reason -- it would be really strange if the same file would
have several backups (because it was edited by kate and kdevelop --
just an example).

IOW -- backups should be per file, not per applications.

Cheers,