List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Brand recognition of FOSS projects
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-16 12:59:27

> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=106826&vote=good&tan=30405219

That's a rather deceptive link you've got there. Don't worry, I've
already reported your action to the KDE-look admins. Your trick is
_not_ appreciated and whether you were intentionally malicious or by
accident, it does not matter. I do not trust you and deceptive
practices such as yours are not welcome in FLOSS communities. Your
intentions in creating the logo may have been good, but your way of
promoting your creation will not be encouraged.

There are computing communities where the user is aware that every new
application may be malicious, may trick him and may damage his
computer. The FLOSS community does not operate like that. I suggest
that you take your efforts to the Symbian and Windows communities
where malicious actions are expected and accepted.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il