List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Peter <gostelow () global ! co ! za>
Date:       2009-06-03 15:02:46

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 12:32, Kåre Särs wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 June 2009, Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> > On Wednesday 03 June 2009 13:17:46 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > > It seems the questions being discussed in this thread are:
> > >
> > > 1 what should be the default shortcut, ctrl-shift-F or F11
> > >  (ctrl-shift-F is currently often default so known to KDE users,
> > > F11 is used in Firefox and IE among others and 'easier')
> >
> > Errm, not really -- it is if we should _add_ F11 as a secondary
> > shortcut.
> >
> > > 3 if for two is decided to have F11 or ctrl-shift-F as global
> > > shortcut should there be a difference between those
> >
> > See above.
>
> One question I have not seen in this tread is (I might have missed it): "Is
> F11 a _standard_ shortcut on any other  platform?"

That is because it is irrelevant. The thread was whether to _add_ a shortcut
default to KDE's existing one which, afaik, KDE itself does not use.

My point is, we can and should discuss defaults, shortcuts, and preferences,
but not with the intention to convince others that specific keys must do
specific actions. To improve useability, we need to rise above this, as hard
as it might be.

Regards,

Peter