List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Peter <gostelow () global ! co ! za>
Date:       2009-06-03 1:22:03

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 11:58, John Tapsell wrote:
> 2009/6/2 Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com>:

> >> How will apps hide toolbars etc then when switching to full screen mode?
> >
> > What do you mean?
> > In my experience most apps handle this perfectly well - there is no
> > difference between full-screen mode 'forced' by KWin or their native
> > full-screen mode. If that was what you were wondering

Correct, apps don't need to 'see' the keystrokes to do the right thing.

What do users hope to achieve by trying to reach consensu over a default that
KDE doesn't use itself and can be reconfiged by each user?

This thread is not productive.

> Okay that sounds good.  So how to proceed?  If an application has F11
> assigned, and kwin has F11 assigned, who takes priority?

The app has priority because it is actually doing something useful. So KDE
doesn't have to provide defaults, but apps should.

Regards,

Peter