List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-01 20:23:22

A Dilluns, 1 de juny de 2009, Brian Shannon va escriure:
> Regardless of your count, with the majority of people running Firefox there
> are, without question, more people who know about F11.

I still don't but the "without question", i like scientific facts, but
assuming you are right, let's imagine how many of those people that know F11
are KDE users and how many are not.

Let's put it that way:
 KDE has 1 million users, of which 25% know Ctrl+Shift+F is the KDE Full
Screen shortcut
 Firefox has 100 million users, of which 25% know F11 is the Firefox Full
Screen shortcut of which 1% (Firefox is mostly used by Windows people) use KDE

 250K people use KDE and know F11 is the Firefox Full Screen shorcut
  62K people use KDE and know Ctrl+Shift+F is the KDE Full Screen shorcut and
know F11 is the Firefox Full Screen shorcut

And as said earlier i don't think it makes sense having 2 default shortcuts
for all major shorcuts, otherwise, why not 3? I'm sure there's other common
shortcut out there for full screen. And at the end you have the "environment"
eating all shortcuts and the application (remember what the users *wants* to
use) has none left (think of the problems KDevelop has).

So at the end you are suggesting to screw up the first 250K to favour the
other 250K.

Albert

P.S: Of course this is as unscientific as it can get, but remember that you
asked for it ;-)