List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE Wallet notification
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2009-02-06 18:05:04

Michael Leupold wrote:
> The notification should tell the user that some program is trying to open a
> wallet. It will only be shown if the password dialog is not visible. The name
> of the application opening the wallet is known in _most_ cases. Then there's
> also the name of the wallet that the application wants to open.
>
> Currently I have something like:
> (which I bluntly copied from the actual dialog).
> This is however not quite satisfying as it doesn't state the actual reason the
> notification popped up.

If the KWallet API does not give you any further information, I am
afraid you can't do any better than this.

> The notification also features a button which is used to activate and show the
> actual dialog for entering the password. I think "Show" might be too short and
> "Show password dialog" might be too technical. Does "Enter password" make it
> clear?
 >
> Apart from that, should the notification also have other buttons? It could
> have an "Ignore" button or a "Deny" [opening the wallet] button.

I think "Show password dialog" is a bit too technical as well. "Enter
password" sounds good.
Having a "Deny" action is a good idea because even if the user can deny
the request from the password dialog, it would be counter-intuitive to
click "Enter password" to do so.

If I am not mistaken, "Ignore" just means close the notification. I
believe this should be handled in a generic way by the notification
system (with a close button for example), but this is beyond the scope
of your question.

Aurélien