List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: HCI Usability List
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-02-04 22:35:08

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I agree. I think what Dotan is missing is that in this case solving a
>> discussion on IRC is usually done by planning an IRC meeting ensuring
>> all participants are able to join.
>
> I agree that a planned meeting would be best, assuming htat all
> involved could attend.

IRC also assumes that you can achieve consensus in a short time period
(and even that people aren't considering their reply for an hour or so).
I'm not sure if that would work.

> How about this: When starting a new proposal on list the OP includes
> (attaches / links to) a gimp mockup of hjis idea. He includes a list
> of benefits, disadvantages, and notes. It would be much easier to
> design when each point is discussed individually. At the end of
> discussion, a bug is filed with a modified gimp mock and all who have
> participated in the thread add their conclusions to the bug.

Where is the discussion archived? Again, using a wiki seems /almost/ ok;
not sure if wiki discussion would be as easy as mail though.

I'd rather create a new list, if people don't want discussion/design to
occur here :-).

--
Matthew
We interrupt this e-mail to bring you a lame signature attempting to be