List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Keep the website or move to the wiki?
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-19 21:30:13

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:

> On Monday 19 January 2009 03:19:59 pm Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> > > * Keep the website: usability.kde.org
> > > * Use the wiki: techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You might want to figure out where on techbase this stuff belongs. A lot
> > of the stuff whose name begins with /Projects/ will likely be moved to a
> > separate community wiki (where appropriate).
>
> I'm pretty sure "Projects" belong to people who do work. So there is the
> Plasma project -- and they have a lot of developer-oriented content on the
> site, and there is the KDE Edu project, etc. Although these projects also
> have external sites (but I don't know how they are maintained.. I know the
> external Plasma site is pretty out of date).
>
> I would not put this as a community website.  The KDE Community content is
> focused on users, not development.  The KDE Usability Project is a
> development project.

I agree. Cornelius is going to create a third wiki (communitybase) as the new home of \
a lot of the content currently under Projects/ (at least meetings info etc).

> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.www/367/focus=450
> >
> > The HIG stuff will likely stay on techbase I think, and people want
> > strict naming conventions, so, I dunno, techbase.org/Usability/HIG?
> > (taking out the Projects at the beginning?)
>
> No, it would stay under Projects/Usability/HIG

OK, I'll bring that up when the new wiki exists and there's talk of migrating \
content. I'm not sure if Cornelius or someone else has brought this up with any of \
the teams which currently have content on techbase.