List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: powerdevil changing the brightness level - default behaviour
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-01-10 22:23:05

On Saturday 10 January 2009 21:25:57 Mike Arthur wrote:
> I guess this is one of those cases where you should just use a bit of
> common sense.
>
> I'd say always err on the side of preserving the user's battery and just
> store a flag if they've manually decreased/increased values to not change
> them when going to AC.

Personally, I disagree. I turn the brightness up when I'm in a bright place
and can't see the screen - I turn it down if I'm in a dark place and the
screen is blinding me - it has nothing to do with with whether I'm low on
battery power or whether I've finally got round to plugging in the charger.

Just my thoughts

David Edmundson