List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: bouncing icon on app start
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-01-09 21:31:51

On Friday 09 January 2009 21:52:52 Nick Shaforostoff wrote:

> > ~10
>
> out of 15

Of 0 weekend-users. Default values are addressed to this kind of KDE
users. I don't personally don't care -- I will reset it back to
bouncing cursor right away -- but weekend-user should have best
possible default.

> I did that many times setting up KDE for myself and several other
> people.

Ok, here is some evidence.

> > I didn't see here much evidence that bouncing cursor annoys
> > weekend-users or that is bad for them.
> would a poll on kde-apps.org (+forum.kde.org) satisfy you?

Nope. I don't think that weekend-user from Poland, Germany or Lituania
read English forum.kde.org. Or weekend-user at all actually.

More convincing would be rather good argument or real survey (but I
know it is close to impossible).

Currently user have:
a) immediate visual feedback
b) informative feedback (user sees icon of the app)
c) feedback at spot of click
d) unchanged main mouse cursor -- so it indicates it is operational

Now, could you tell us what you exactly propose (rotating cursor --
what it is?) and for what benefit?

Cheers,