List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: System Settings as a Design Lesson
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2008-12-03 15:26:31

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> http://weblog.obso1337.org/2008/system-settings-as-a-design-
> lesson/#comment-157265
>
> TheBlackCat has some nice mockups of how you could dress up a header.  This
> would probably also look good in Dolphin.  Should we ask the Oxygen people for
> ideas or is this bust?

Looks really nice, but I am bit concerned about how the header
background would scale in a case where we have long and short header titles.

Here is a simpler idea:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/7cde7e19916928

But I am sure Oxygen people can come up with something much better.

For example one could imagine a header drawn the way the Oxygen style
draws group boxes. Something like this (crude Designer mockup):

http://www.imagebam.com/image/51131e19917903

Aurélien