List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2 Toolbars
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-11-20 20:08:27

Anne Wilson wrote:

> That, to me, is the far bigger problem for the user.  If something is
> configurable you should be able to easily find the configuration dialogue.

Yes, I see this as a significant issue.  Both in configuration widgets
and the Control Center (now System Settings although it isn't settings
for the system) configurations are not always easy to find and when
things are arranged as a tree, the organization could use some improvement.

Clearly, the maxim: 'those who does the work, decides' doesn't work when
it comes to usability since the usability department needs to do the
usability parts of the design and the programmers need to implement it.

--
JRT