List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2 Toolbars
From:       Mike Arthur <mike () mikearthur ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-11-20 14:01:16

On Thursday 20 November 2008 13:37:45 Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> So what would be the possible tooltip for "copy". From what you said
> it should not be help like "using this feature you can copy stuff"
> but rather "there is also a copy button in the toolbar" or "you can
> do it faster by pressing [ctrl]+[c]".

> Ok, I have some remarks to write, but I'll wait to ensure about the
> info in the "help" tooltip.
I'm not advocating a help tooltip, that's what the linked Eclipse plugin does.
There is an example tooltip on www.mousefeed.com.

What I was advocating was just the "highlighting button" approach as I don't
think many users want to learn all the shortcuts that way (although it would
be cool).

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur