List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2 Toolbars
From:       Mike Arthur <mike () mikearthur ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-11-20 10:37:38

On Thursday 20 November 2008 09:53:57 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Would these all fit with text under them?  I tried it; Even with the narrow
> font, they don't fit.
No, but there are advantages to having bigger icons rather than just the text,
but the text is a nice bonus.

Fitts' law tells us if the target is larger over the vector of movement (e.g.
with text making the icon bigger) then it is easier to hit it. This is an
advantage of keeping icons underneath as well but even alongside I think this
makes them a bit bigger.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur