List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: close (x) widget and managing objects
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-19 14:27:31

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Aurélien Gâteau
<aurelien.gateau@free.fr> wrote:
>> Really, plasmoids are not windows. They are desktop gadgets.
>
> They are different, but they share common properties: they are often
> rectangular, can be moved, can be resized, can be closed. Why should
> these common properties be handled differently?

So is a text area in (K)Word, or a picture in
KPresenter/Powerpoint/etc. Yet nobody would expect them to have a
close button or compare them to a window, right? Sorry, but I fully
disagree with you on this - plasmoids are not windows as they are tied
to a certain area. They have a whole different look, and can't float
above windows.