List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Icons, NIH, and usability
From:       "Diego Moya" <turingt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-13 10:40:02

2008/11/12 James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org>:
> Diego Moya wrote:
>> If you just want to distinguish the file format in images handled by
>> the same application, you still can look at the extension field.
>>
> That tends to negate the purpose of having icons.

Yes, but that's only relevant to the professional image editor, who
cares about image formats and uses several tools to edit the same
image. That's why I suggested having a different icon set for this
user profile. Icons should be task-oriented, and the tasks for a
"home" user are very different from those of a professional.