List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: tray menu quit item
From:       "Luciano Montanaro" <mikelima () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-19 7:09:12

I think this all should be fixed at the right level, instead of adding
workarounds to workarounds:

The real problem is that the first time the menu pops up, Qt does not
position it at the right place. I have a kde 3.5 here, but I guess
this has not changed...

To see this, you can click on a tray icon: if it is the first time in
the desktop session you click on it, the menu size is computed
incorrectly, so the menu pops up in a different position from
subsequent clicks.

So on the first click the quit item is likely to pop up directly under
the mouse pointer...

This is a general problem, it affects all widgets actually, but it's
really annoying with menus.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams