List:       kde-usability
Subject:    =?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20Width=20of=20find=2Freplace=20dialog=20in=20KWrite=2FKate?=
From:       <dstegbauer () post ! cz>
Date:       2008-05-30 10:48:01

Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic@gmx.net> wrote
> > [: Stefan Monov :]
> > [...] I have kate maximized almost always, and I'm annoyed even by the
> > current height of the S/R bar.
> But, if some people prefer wide editor windows and low search bars, and
> other narrow editor windows and (by necessity) high search bars, what shall
> we do?

1. Automatically rearrange widgets in S/R bar when window width chages. Is seems to \
me as bad idea.

2. Create two bars - horizontal one shown below the editor widget (current) and \
vertical one shown on side of editor (widgets stacked vertically, adjustable width, \
find/replace combos shrinkable much more than current). Then let users to choose \
their preferred layout, defaulting to horizontal one.

3. Or make it dockable and automatically switch horizontal / vertical layout based on \
where the dock is anchored.

4. Make it only vertical and let it share the space with Document List (and File \
System Browser plugin) in kate. But I'm not sure how to fit it into kwrite.

David Stegbauer