Peter Penz wrote: > Before discussing the two solutions below, for me one important solution > is missing: offering an up-button in the toolbar. I had similar > discussions in Dolphin and got no complaints anymore after telling the > people that they can add the up-button in the toolbar in an easy way. Telling the users to add the up-button to the toolbar is a solution, and it's possible to do so with Gwenview, but it would be quite inconsistent: every application using KUrlNavigator would have to provide a way to add an up button to provide a similar experience. > I don't like "Gtk+-way", as it removes the possibility to give the "place" > a custom short name (see also [1] for details). > > I'd like to introduce another proposal based on your "Variant of Gtk+" > way: what about just letting the [<] button act as "up-button" instead of > directly expanding the breadcrumb to the whole path? [snip] I prefer the Gtk+ way, but the solution you suggest would still be better with the current implementation IMO, so I am fine with it. > If possible I'd like to postpone the implementation to KDE 4.2, as this is > no "bugfix" from my point of view and I still think we need a lot of > discussion with Aaron, Celeste etc. I'd also like to do some tests with > users first before adding such a button to the navigator. > > Would this be OK for you? Yes, I guess it's wise. I will suggest people to add the "up" button to the toolbar meanwhile :) Aurélien _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability