List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Too many icons in Gwenview toolbar
From:       Michael Rudolph <michael.rudolph () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-20 21:40:49

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 19:22:31 Hans Chen wrote:
> If you look at the pictures on Jos' blog, you'll see two buttons for
> those purposes. (They aren't shown in the mockup, though).
>
> On Feb 20, 2008 7:10 PM, Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@gmx.net>
wrote:
> > On Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > > Btw, I have virtually never needed seamless zooming on image
> > > viewing. I actually only ever need two zoom levels: "Fit to
> > > screen" and "Original size". Please bear in mind that these two
> > > actions are still reachable by a single click.
> >
> > Yes, I bet too that fit to screen and original size are the two
> > actions used most often by far and hence deserve a button. You
> > only need one, since you could make it toggle those two views.
> >
> > Sven

Hello everyone,

why not just use a snapping mechanism on the slider and let the 100% and
whatever-fits-the-screen% mark act magnetically?

I'd favour such an approach since it afforded a rather natural
interaction with my content, but at the same time would incorporate the
benefits of the digital age.

Just my two cents.

michael