List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Too many icons in Gwenview toolbar
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-02-19 6:01:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 18 February 2008, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Another suggestion was to move all the zooming buttons to the
> application status bar, adding a zooming slider on the way. This would
> be consistent with the thumbnail view slider and similar to what is done
> eg in MS Office 2007, but I am worried about users not finding it and
> also about a zooming slider not being adapted to zoom in and out of an
> image.

imho that would be a great solution as it would bring some harmony between the
browse and image views.

i have noticed in browse view that people don't get what the slider is for
right now, so fixing the clarity of the zoom slider should be done
regardless.

it's probably enough to simply add a text label next to it ("Zoom:"?) which
would clear that up pretty obviously.

btw, once shown what the slider does .. people love it.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se