List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Too many icons in Gwenview toolbar
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2008-02-18 14:12:20

Hello,

I have been told by a few users (hi Jos!) the Gwenview toolbar is too
crowded. While I agree with this, I am still wondering what would be the
best way to fix this problem.

Right now, when viewing an image, Gwenview toolbar contains the
following items:

- Browse
- Preview
- View
- Fullscreen
---
- Previous
- Next
---
- Rotate CW
- Rotate CCW
---
- Zoom to fit
- Reset zoom
- Zoom in
- Zoom out
---
- Toggle sidebar

I could get rid of the Toggle sidebar, but I am worried people won't
find the way to bring it back.

Another suggestion was to move all the zooming buttons to the
application status bar, adding a zooming slider on the way. This would
be consistent with the thumbnail view slider and similar to what is done
eg in MS Office 2007, but I am worried about users not finding it and
also about a zooming slider not being adapted to zoom in and out of an
image.

It would be great to have some usability expert opinion on this.

Aurélien