List:       kde-usability
Subject:    KOffice2 interaction design issue
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-02-07 20:34:05

Hi,

In KOffice2 we've chosen to use a different application layout compared to the
Microsoft-inspired KOffice 1.x. No longer lots of toolbars and popups, but a
toolbox and palette based layout, with the idea that this would help people
see more of their document on the wide-screen systems prevalent these days.

It has worked out reasonable well, but there are a couple of thorny problems,
in particular with the layout of the toolbox and the interaction with the
toolbox when the active element in a document changes.

We would be really happy if someone with experience in interaction design and
a fresh mind would help us pin down the problems and find a solution.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi