List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: opinion on this...
From:       "Diego Moya" <turingt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-04 18:20:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

If I "Cancel" the error, do I get the application to work properly? W00t!

(I know, I know - you're the visual style team, you're not into the texting
businesses. But you should take care of the examples you release to the
world, as they will create a following).

Hint: the button should include a clue about their action, which must be
sensible to the user's needs.
- "Ok" is meaningless in this context - it's an error, it's NOT ok!
- "Accept" is humiliating.

A better option for the closing button would be "Log this message", with an
explanation that all the logged notifications will go to an easily
accessible errors archive (something that should be supported by the
notification libraries).