List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Name of Control Center in KDE 4
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-10-12 21:17:12

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007 18:04:46 adam wrote:
>> My first include to this list so excuse if my input is not to the point.
>>
>> Suggestion:
>>
>> Why don't you call it Cockpit or Nukleus or something.
>>
>> Usability is fine, but a good name goes a long way to being remembered by
>> experts and newbies alike.
>
> The problem is some people (actually.. I've seen a lot but i'm only one
> person) have trouble *finding* the system settings because they have no idea
> what it is called.

I might point out that some people are actually looking for the *system*
settings (i.e. global settings) and their problem is that they can't
find them because they don't exist -- but this is another issue.

IMHO, system settings (i.e. global settings) should only be available if
you log into KDE as root, but they do need to be available by using a
GUI rather than having to edit files by hand.

--
JRT