List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts on toolbars in KDE
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-10-10 1:32:12

Hans Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in the zoom widget too.
>
> Jos: The widget in the screenshot attached, is the widget which displays
> the value (55 %) a regular display widget (label), or can I click it and
> enter a custom value? (Right now I imagine it turning into an edible
> combobox on mouse press/hover, but I guess that's not the case?)

I have previously suggested a new widget that would be a slider with a
button on each end:

	<-----|---->

The buttons would work like the combo box and increment and decrement by
one unit and you can use the slider for large adjustments.  You could
combine this with only a display like the zoom widget or with a box that
could be edited.

                      +-----+
                      +-----+

Somewhat similar to the color choosing in InkScape but applied to things
other than color.

For some drawing applications (with 2 or 3 decimal places), it would be
helpful, with this or the combobox, if there was something at the bottom
that you could move left and right to indicate which digit the buttons
would increment.

--
JRT