List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Dolphin
From:       Rafael =?iso-8859-1?q?Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-09 21:32:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 22:44:09 Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Completely agree. Core apps as the file manager should be ego-less and show
> an intuitible icon and name.

It depends on what you think as "ego-less". For me a more "ego" app is
something called "File Manager", because it sounds to me like "THE FILE
MANAGER".

This is free software, and there can be a user that wants to run Nautilus on
KDE. Having as options "Nautilus" and "File Manager" could obviously seem tha
the right choice is the latter, while the former is what that user wanted.

I completely disagree of renaming core apps. They already have intuitive icons
btw (click on About Dolphin on Help menu), its icon is a file manager, as
properly said.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.