List:       kde-usability
Subject:    close all tabs
From:       Risto =?iso-8859-1?q?Saukonp=E4=E4?= <paristo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-01 18:28:13

Hi! I followed long time ago conversation about "close all tabs" button
on konqueror s right click menu on tab. And right now it is moved
to "right click > other tabs > close all other tabs"  and it is always
last one, so on long list of webpages, user need move mouse more.

I dont like where it is because i used it alot and it takes so many
clicks to close all by clickin it.

And i add "mouse hover" close button on tabs when hovering over tab
fanicon to get one tab closed easily middle of tabs. This is not
fastest way to close many tabs so i keep "close active tab" button on
right side so i can just repeately click tabs closed until i
reach "main" page. (I remove "create new tab" button because i use
shortcuts or i double click empty are on tabtoolbar)

And i just noticed that making easier to close all other tabs than
active, that right side "close active tab" button could be like back
and forward buttons. When user clicks once, active tab gets closed.
When user clicks and hold mouse over button, he would get option to
close all other tabs than active. More like back/forward button and
browsing history.

Or this function could be in tab close or hided close button too. So
when clickin and pressing down mouse over that button, user gets option
to close all others than the one what he is clickin.

This way there could be second way to close all other buttons than
active one.

I think there is problem with right side "close current / active tab"
button. By default it close active one and my suggested option would
close all others than active one, this shouldn't be problem because
button is linked to active tab like, "keep this and close others"
and "close this and keep others".

I added mockup as attachment.

I'm sorry if i have forgetten that this has already discusted here.

ps. sorry bad english

["close_other_tabs.jpg" (image/jpeg)]