List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: usability of the desktop (mousepointer)
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2007-04-05 13:06:37

On Thursday 05 April 2007, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 4 de Abril de 2007, Wladimir Schaefer escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an idea, to improve the desktop usability generically:
> >
> > You all know that the mousepointer is an arrow that shows up/left and you
> > know that, if the mousepointer is on the right border of the desktop, it
> > is almost invisible, the same thing if the mousepointer is on the bottom
> > border of the desktop. The state of things is not really good. That nerve
> > me, but I hadn't thinking about that untill yet.
> > So my idea is to make the mousepointer changing it's the direction if it
> > is on the right/bottom border of the desktop. So, the arrow shows
> > right/up if the mousepointer on the right border and left/down for the
> > bottom border. I have seen something like that before, but I don't know
> > where.
> >

> > How is it, what do you think about that?
>
> IMHO it's a good idea.

Would it be more natural for a lefthanded person to have the mouse pointer
be 'up/right'?

For righthanded persons the mouse pointer could be viewed as a continuation of
the right hand, coming from the lower right and going up/left to the middle
of the view. For a left handed person, that would be lower left going
up/right to the center of view.

This could be interesting thing to test.

/Kåre Särs