List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Designing improved character selector
From:       "Hans Chen" <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-28 22:55:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I don't use these kinds of applications frequently, but this are my thought=
(as a KDE user):
- First of all, I don't like the tabs. To me, it feels like the content of
two tabs shouldn't be related. In this case, however, they are. Don't know
if it's just me.
- Why the columns (1, 2, 3 etc.)? To me they just seem to take up space /
make it cluttered.

I don't know how the characters are sorted. But I think it's very important
to have it in a userfriendly way. If I search for the symbol "beta", it's
not sure I know I should look under "Greek". AAnd where do I find
"plus-minus"? I think a good way would be categories/"tags" like "Math
expressions" or something like that. Maybe also show most
recently/frequently used?

Just my 50 =F6res.

Best regards,
Hans